What is the Online Learning Agreement?
The Online Learning Agreement is the future of Erasmus+ student mobility in Europe. The OLA is the simplest and most convenient way to complete the Learning Agreement online, have it signed, receive comments from sending and receiving institutions, and have an overview of the final version of the document.
List of acronyms
OLA: Online Learning Agreement
LA: Learning Agreement
HEI: Higher Education Institution
How does it work?
There are two workflows, depending on whether the LA is initiated by the student or the HEI. Both students and HEIs have their own online platform to work with Online Learning Agreements. The platforms are interconnected and it is therefore possible to fill in, comment on and sign Learning Agreements online.
1. The HEI uploads a list of nominated students on their platform and this information is automatically transformed into pre-filled LAs, which students can access on their OLA platform.
2. Students receive a notification to register or access their OLA platform to complete the LA with other information (e.g. indicate the courses they are planning to take) and sign it.
3. Once the student has signed, the coordinator at the sending HEI receives an automatic notification via email to verify and sign the LA. It is also possible to decline the proposal (which deletes all the existing signatures) and send comments to the student about what needs to be changed. The student will receive these comments via email and will be able to edit LA accordingly and sign it again.
4. After the sending institution approves the LA, the coordinator at the receiving HEI receives an automatic notification via email to verify and sign the LA.
5. Throughout the process, all three parties can check the status of the LA at any time and once all have signed the LA, the student receives an automatic email notification informing him/her that the document is ready.
1. The student accesses the OLA platform at learning-agreement.eu, completes the LA and signs it;
2. The coordinator at the sending HEI receives an automatic notification via email to verify and sign the LA.
3. The following steps to finalise and approve the LA are the same as in Workflow One.
Is it safe to fill in my LA online?
Do I have to print the LA in order to sign it?
No! The OLA can be easily signed online – this functionality works best on a touch screen (for example on mobile phones, laptops or tablets). The same functionality is available to your sending and receiving institution coordinators so there is no need to print the LA and the result looks exactly as a paper LA would. Your OLA is however always available to you on the platform and you can always download and print it.
What if my HEI doesn’t accept digital LAs?
We are doing our best to ensure that the OLA can be safely and easily used by all HEIs. However, if your institution prefers using other providers or continue using the paper version, it is their choice. For more information on technical capacities and/or security standards please write to email@example.com.
How can I reset my password?
If you forgot your password, you can easily reset it through the login form – just click on “I don’t remember my password”.
Do I have to create an account on the OLA platform if I’m already using the Erasmus+ App?
No! You can access the OLA at learning-agreement.eu with your login credentials from the Erasmus+ App. Alternatively, you can also access the OLA directly from the Erasmus+ App yet we strongly advise you not to use the OLA on your mobile phone to make sure it is correctly filled in. The OLA is a legal document between you and the sending and receiving institutions, where all three parties commit to comply with all the agreed arrangements, thereby insuring that you will receive the recognition for the studies carries out abroad.
Who is developing the OLA?
The OLA has been implemented in the framework of the Erasmus+ App and Online Learning Agreement projects by the European University Foundation and the Erasmus Student Network. The project is co-funded by the European Commission, responsible for the official information of the Erasmus+ programme.
What features will the OLA support in the future?
We are planning on introducing the OLA for traineeships and we are constantly working to improve the OLA to provide you with a user-friendly online tool to make the process even smoother.
Why is the OLA only in English?
At the moment, we are invested in rapidly developing the OLA but a multilingual framework is one of the features we wish to introduce in the near future. In the meantime, even if the template is in English, the system supports other input languages.
Who can I contact in case of technical issues?
We are constantly improving the platform and appreciate all feedback. If you would like to report a technical issue or simply have questions related to the OLA, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.