What is the Online Learning Agreement?
The Online Learning Agreement (OLA) is a glimpse into the future of Erasmus+ student mobility in Europe. OLA is the simplest and most convenient way to complete the Learning Agreement online, have it signed, receive comments from sending and receiving institutions in case there needs to be changes as well as have an overview of the final version of the OLA.
How does it work?
There are two key scenarios how OLA functions, depending on whether the workflow is initiated by the student or the higher education institution (HEI). Yet the general idea is that both, students and HEIs, have their own online platform to work with Online Learning Agreements and are interconnected, therefore it is possible to easily fill in, comment on and sign Learning Agreements online.
1. HEI uploads a list of nominated students on their platform and this information automatically is transformed into pre-filled Learning Agreements students can access on Online Learning Agreement platform.
2. Students get notification that they can register or access (if already registered) the OLA platform and the Learning Agreements prepared for them on students’ platform and finish filling in (e.g. indicate the courses they are planning to take) and sign the agreement.
3. After student has signed, the coordinator at the sending HEI receives an automatic notification via email to check and sign the LA. It is also possible to decline the proposal (which deletes all the existing signatures on it) and send student some comments as to what needs to be changed. Student will receive these comments via email and will be able to edit Learning Agreement accordingly and sign again.
4. After the sending institution has finally approved the Learning Agreement the coordinator at the receiving HEI receives an automatic notification via email to check and sign the LA.
5. Throughout the process all three parties can check the status of the Learning Agreement at any time and once all have signed the LA, student receives an automatic email notification informing that the document is ready.
1. Mobile student accesses OLA platform at learning-agreement.eu, completes the LA fields and signs it.
2. The coordinator at the sending HEI receives an automatic notification via email to check and sign the LA.
Next steps through finalizing Learning Agreement and getting it approved are the same as in the Scenario One.
Is it safe to fill my Learning Agreement online?
Do I have to print the Learning Agreement to sign it?
No, you don’t. The Online Learning Agreement can be easily signed online – this functionality works best on a touch screen (for example on mobile phones, laptops or tablets). The same functionality is available to your sending and receiving institution coordinators so there is no need to print the Learning Agreement in any part of the process – and the result looks exactly as a paper Learning Agreement would.
Your Online Learning Agreement however is always available to you on the platform, hence if you wish you can always download and print it for e.g. archiving purposes.
What if my higher education institution doesn’t accept Online Learning Agreements?
We are doing our best to ensure that the technical solution of Online Learning Agreement process is living up to security standards of different higher education institutions as well as respects their institutional patterns, yet if your institution prefers other providers or wants to stick to the paper version it is their choice.
In case there is need to acquire more information about our technical capacities or security standards you can guide them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can I contact in case of technical issues or further questions?
If you forget your password, you can easily retrieve it through the login form – just click on “I don’t remember my password.”
We are constantly improving the platform and appreciate all feedback. If you would like to report a technical issue or simply have questions related to the Online Learning Agreement that are not answered in this guide, please contact us email@example.com.
Do I have to register again for OLA if I am using Erasmus+ App?
No, you can access OLA on learning-agreement.eu platform with your login credentials from Erasmus+ App. Alternatively you can also access OLA directly from the Erasmus+ App, yet we would strongly advise you not to use OLA on your phone and to take your time when filling in your Learning Agreement and give the needed attention to details. Online Learning Agreement is indeed a legal document and contract between you, sending and receiving institutions where all three agree to a commitment in line with the information in the Leaning Agreement that will influence the content of your mobility programme as well as recognition procedure afterwards.
Who is developing the Online Learning Agreement?
The Online Learning Agreement has been implemented in the framework of the Erasmus+ App and Online Learning Agreement projects by the Erasmus Student Network and European University Foundation. The project is co-funded by the European Commission who also provides the official information of the Erasmus+ programme.
What are the features that OLA will support in the future?
We are planning to introduce also the Leaning Agreement for traineeships as well as we are constantly working towards offering you even more guidance and user-friendly online tool to make the process even smoother.
Why is the Online Learning Agreement only in English?
At the moment we are invested in rapidly developing the OLA, but a multilingual framework is one of the features are keen to introduce in the near future.
In the meantime, even if the template is in English, the system supports other input languages, should that be necessary.